What is PSR?
Psychosocial Rehabilitation is a unique comprehensive program offered by PORT Health Services for persons with severe mental illnesses such as:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- And many others
Our “members” are able to participate in various activities to assist with managing mental health and increasing daily living skills such as:
- Job skill building in areas such as clerical, grounds, kitchen
- Dance therapy
- Daily exercise such as Cardio and Yoga
- Arts and Crafts
- Weekly outings in the community
- Access to medical and psychiatric appointments
- Coping skills groups
- Access to GED Prep Course
- Computer Skills Groups
- Patients with psychiatric disabilities with an Axis I diagnosis of severe and persistent mental illness. Patient may have Axis II disorder present.
- Patient residing in the East Carolina Behavioral Health catchment area. PORT Human Services offers one location that provides psychosocial rehabilitation in New Bern.
- A service order must be completed by a physician, licensed psychologist, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner. PSR is a medically necessary service. Patients interested should contact the PSR location for screening and referral information.
To help individuals and families navigate through life’s challenges by providing effective and efficient substance abuse, mental health and intellectual/developmentally disabled services and supports.